Personal Information & Work History
- Responsible for developing, leasing, acquiring, disposing, and managing over 10,000,000 square feet of commercial property during his career and operating full service real estate companies since 1974. Included were responsibilities for development, training, communications, new business, appraisal, brokerage, property management, syndications, and general management. Currently started Novus Realty Advisors, LLC, a full service commercial real estate company comprised of senior partners and associates experienced in development, brokerage and property management.
2014-Present NOVUS REALTY ADVISORS, LLC: Founding Member.
Full Service Commercial Real Estate Company
1994 – 2014: HENRY S. MILLER REALTY SERVICES, LLC: President, COO, and Principal.
One of the largest private commercial real estate companies of its type in the Southwest. Brokerage, property management, appraisal, consulting, and development. Sales of over a billion dollars with 500 people in 6 offices, ten million square feet of commercial properties.
1992 – 1994: NEWMARKET GROUP SOUTHWEST, INC.: Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, and Principal of commercial real estate company.
Managed operations of brokerage, appraisal, management and asset management companies.
1983 – 1992: FIRST NEWPORT COMPANIES: Chairman, CEO and Co-Founder.
Specialized in the development and renovation of strip centers and small office buildings. Developed, owned, leased and managed approximately 20 projects representing three million square feet of space with a value of $600 million. Primary customer: Traveler’s Insurance Co.
1987 – 1989: ZANE MAY INTERESTS: Managing Partner-Retail.
Feasibility analysis of commercial projects and subsequent acquisition, leasing, management, development and sales. Retail portfolio consisted of 12 commercial projects totaling three million square feet.
1974 – 1983 HENRY S. MILLER COMPANY: Executive Vice President, Director
Managed 100 professionals and staff including corporate and branch offices. Responsible for administration, sales, leasing, hiring, planning, public relations, profitability, research and development.
1965 – 1974 WESTINGHOUSE ELECTRIC CORPORATION: General Manager, Elevator Division of Central and South America. Lived in Caracas, Venezuela. Prior assignments in purchasing/materials management, corporate training, sales, product management.
1963 – 1965 GENERAL MOTORS: Materials Management / Customer Service
1959 – 1963 UNITED STATES NAVAL OFFICER: Lieutenant Commander, Engineering Officer, Destroyers, Atlantic Fleet. U.S.S. Hammerberg, DE-1015.
Professional Affiliations & Accreditations
- ULI Development Council President / Director
- Real Estate Council Board of Directors
- NTCAR Director/Treasurer
- NTCAR Instructor
- NAI Director
- Brookhaven College R.E. Instructor
- Realty Resources Director.
- Weston Products Director
- Real Estate Council PAC Director
- Henry S. Miller Companies Director
- TCN Director
- Frequent Speaker on Real Estate Panels/Associates
- ICSC, Texas Director
Pennsylvania State University, B.A., Mathematics
Attended Rutgers and University of Pittsburgh for MBA