Property Assistant – Non-Exempt
Property Assistant – Non-Exempt
Provide assistance to a team of Property Managers in all administrative aspects of property management administration and reporting. Lead member and first (telephone) response for tenant/customer service requests serving a portfolio of investment and corporate properties. Compile, and assist in the preparation of, various monthly (and other periodic) property operational, administrative and financial reports. Administrative duties require broad experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices for a specific group or individual. Analysis and determination of information requests and follow-up. May directly assist in budget preparation and control activities.
Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinate with Property Managers in property-related documents administration – memoranda, letters, monthly reports, proposals, and other projects from draft using company software packages such as spreadsheets, word processing and graphics. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of documents.
- Coordinate tenant service requests pertaining to property operations and administration. Maintain a professional image to internal and external callers. Delegate calls to property service technicians and follow up with tenant and/or property manager as required. Facilitate and maintain tenant work order system.
- Establish and maintain strong and positive relationships with all property tenants, vendors and contractors.
- Compile information, prepare and update reports or process other documents as required: Lease Abstracts, Vendor Insurance Certificates, Vendor Service Agreements, Vendor Invoices and Service Records, Property Emergency Call Lists, Tenant Contact Lists, etc.
- Develop and maintain property filing & tracking systems for reports and documents identified above.
- Assist Property Managers in the annual budget preparation and development.
- Assist in maintaining service contracts, tracking expirations and prepare bid packages when necessary.
- Assist with coding invoices for payment and processing.
- Track vendor and tenant certificate of insurance expiration dates, request renewals, ensure compliance with standard coverage terms and conditions.
- Administer and print various property accounting reports (as produced by the company’s accounting software) for Property Manager’s review or compilation in the property monthly (or other periodic) reports – Accounts Receivable, Check Register, Variance Report, General Ledger, Rent Roll, etc.
- Administer vendor, RE Tax and other property invoices. Date stamp, code/process for Property Manager review/approval and enter into the accounting system.
- Organization and scheduling of meetings. Prepare/organize items in relation to meetings, including but not limited to, site reservation, preparation of necessary materials, interaction with attendees, etc.
- Assist Property Managers in the monthly billing, periodic tenant billing adjustments (PTAR’s) and subsequent collections of monthly tenant rent and other tenant receivables.
- Oversee copying, faxing and mail distribution within designated area. Monitor and order general office supplies as needed. Ensure assigned office equipment is adequately maintained and secure. Contact and coordinate with vendors to service or repair equipment.
Skills, Education And Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma/General Education Degree (GED) and a Minimum 1-2 years previous related experience preferably in a Real Estate Background.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, E-Mail.
- Working knowledge of Internet and Internet Searching Techniques.
- Familiarity with real estate software such as Yardi, MRI, etc.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work well under pressure with strong personalities.
- Flexibility to handle changing priorities and projects.
- Excellent communications and organization, follow-through and follow-up, meet commitments and deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize workload with an attention to detail and willingness to complete projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Discretion regarding personnel and industry-related matters.
- Provides high degree of professional customer service to both internal and external parties.
- Independent, self-starter, team player with attention to detail.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Younger Partners Property Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Traci Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org.